Friday, February 26, 2016

Benjamin Kindle - Pre-Trip thoughts

It is the night before we leave for Belize and it is still only starting to sink in that I am soon going to be out of the country for 2 weeks.
I am definitely looking forward to this trip for many  reasons. Firstly, I am excited about learning all of the differences between the Belizean culture and my own. I Believe that one of the best ways to become a well-rounded person is to expose yourself to a wide variety of cultures and world-views, so I think that going on this trip is going to really help me become a better person. I am also excited about impacting lives in a positive way. It is thrilling to think that by being on this trip, our group is going to have the chance to help communities grow by supporting their children's education. I have always felt a connection with education, and for many years, I wanted to be a teacher. I think that education is very important in any person's life, and I am excited that I am going to be able to help push education forward in the communities where we are going.
We have all been preparing for this trip for a long time, and it is going to be exciting to see everything that is going to happen over the next two weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment